The following are four brief presentations (30-60mins) from my 2016-2017 year with the Brain Enrichment Program. I was one of three co-leaders this year, so these presentations additionally served as pseudo-templates to new members. My responsibilities with the club also included:
- coordinating with presentation sites (various assisted living facilities in the greater Boston area)
- developing a website and “start up package” for satellite chapters at other medical schools
- beginning a research project targeted to study the effect of the club’s work on our member’s perspectives of both the elderly and their own capacities.
- guiding new members in public speaking technique and engaging an elderly audience
- providing on-site feedback for those member’s presentations
If you’d like to learn more about the Brain Enrichment Program’s work, or get involved yourself, please get in touch.